Arctic Trek IV

Journal Entry: 10 July, 2005

I've been holed up in my tent for the last 14 or 15 hours.... [W]hen I woke up today I discovered that the rain that had just started when I set up my tent had been pouring continuously all night.

Little puddles are starting to form in the corners of the tent and drips becoming more common around the edges. I can only hole up for so long, but it seems senseless to go out and get soaked just so I can see a socked in pass.... I've got my barometer out beside me and I check it rather incessantly. It's hanging at a ridiculously low 990 (which must have something to do with the altitude) but I think it has to start rising soon.... Perhaps I can find an alternate route so that I don't have to go back the way I came.

[Later.] After lengthy consideration of the maps I don't think that there is any way for me to go but the way I came. At least on the second time through I'll have a better idea of how to avoid the tussocks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arctic Trek III